Ragi being one of the richest sources of Calcium and Fibre this recipe will be one of the best pre training snack. This recipe provides optimum balance between carbohydrate and protein required before training or exercise.
Servings: 1 person
- Whole Milk – 200 ml (1 glass)
- Water – 150 ml
- Ragi Flour – 4 Tsp
- Coconut Sugar/ Jaggery- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Shredded Coconut- 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Almond and Walnut – 1 tbsp
- Raisin- 10 No.
- Apple/ Banana- 1 Medium
- Combine the Milk, water and Coconut sugar in a saucepan and start heating it. Once it is luke warm rake a little amount of milk and water mixture and add it to the ragi in a bowl and stir continuously to make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste in the rest of the milk and water and bring to a boil. Stir the mixture continuously during the process so that there is no lump formation.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil reduce the flame and let it simmer till it thickens slightly.
- Switch off the flame pour the porridge in a bowl and let it cool.
- Decorate the porridge with cut fruit, grated nuts and coconut.